Tobacco Policy Project/State Legislated Actions on Tobacco Issues (SLATI)
Welcome to the American Lung Association’s Tobacco Policy Project/State Legislated Actions on Tobacco Issues (SLATI) website. This website is home to the online version of SLATI, which tracks state tobacco control laws, such as restrictions on smoking in public places and workplaces and tobacco taxes, on an ongoing basis. It is the only comprehensive and up-to-date summary of tobacco control laws in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- View your state’s tobacco control laws by clicking on a state on the map below or by clicking here.
- See how your state measured up in our annual State of Tobacco Control report.
- Learn more about the history of SLATI.
This website also has a wealth of information on tobacco control laws and policies. For more information, click on the links below:
- Get information on smokefree laws and policies. Twenty-eight states and the District of Columbia have passed comprehensive smokefree laws.
- Get information on cigarette/tobacco taxes. The nationwide average state cigarette tax is $1.53 per pack.
- Get information on funding of tobacco prevention and cessation programs.
- Get information on other tobacco control policy issues and to view our tobacco policy trend reports.